- College Credit Plus is an opportunity to earn college credit while still enrolled in high school. An informational fair for parents will be held at the Princeton Professional Development Center, 3900 Cottingham Drive on Tuesday, February 9th from 6:30-8:00 PM. While students will work directly with the college to apply and select courses, students must submit an “Intent to Participate” form to WHS by April 4th. This form, as well as additional information & guidelines, can be found under the College Credit Plus section of the Wyoming City Schools website.
- Learn more about what parents have to say about the career and college opportunities available through Great Oaks during this LIVE online Q&A session.
Find out why thousands of parents each year send their sons and daughters to Great Oaks. Go to www.greatoaks.com/hangout and watch live–and send your questions through Facebook and Twitter.
- For fun-filled adventure, friendships, and growth, join the Stepping Stones team as a camp volunteer this summer! Enjoy a volunteer experience that will provide you with service hours and give you the opportunity to help kids and teens with disabilities have the best summer of their lives. Summer camp runs Monday-Friday from June 6th– August 5th. You are able to choose a flexible schedule of days that works best for your own life, with no minimum number of days that you must commit to. Volunteers are needed to be at camp from 9am-3:30pm on each scheduled day. To submit an application, visit steppingstonesvolunteer.org or contact Brooke Parker at 513-965-5151
- WHS is partnering with Torchprep to offer test prep leading up to the April 9th ACT. The sessions will run twice a week for 5 weeks and the cost is $349.99. Go to torchprep.com for more information and to sign up.
- WCPO 9, Citizens Committee on Youth, and Inroads Inc. are sponsoring an unpaid internship for minority students interested in careers in media. The internship is held for a minimum of four weeks the summer after junior year. Minority, high school juniors are eligible to apply. See Mrs. Brooks or Mrs. Meis for more information. You may also download an application from WCPO. com or contact 513-852-4015. The application deadline is March 31st.
- You are encouraged to set up a family college counseling meeting with your College Counselor. Mrs. Meis works with last names A-L and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-7128. Mrs. Brooks works with last names M-Z and can be reached at email@example.com or 513-206-7058
- Remember to check Naviance for non-school specific scholarships. These scholarships are not tied to a specific school and will follow you wherever you enroll.
Attention: 7-12th GRADERS are invited to SKI, BOARD, or TUBE this Friday, Jan. 29th
1) Use SignUp Genius link below to get signed up by this Thursday at 9am and bring the two forms below signed.
2) PNS Waiver:
3) Wyoming Ski Bus Rider Form:
If you haven’t signed up for Wyoming Ski Bus, please print this form & bring it with the rider on Friday.
* NOTE: We meet at the HS tennis court parking lot at 3:30pm and the BUS promptly leaves at 4pm and you MUST have your FORMS with you and $20.00 if you have not already purchased a Ski Bus Pass.
* If you have never been before: FYI (Lift Ticket is purchased separate at PNS)
– a beginner lesson is included with your ski/board lift ticket (lift ticket is good for skiing, boarding, or tubing that evening only)
– if you mention the Wyoming Ski Club on Fridays between 4-9pm when you purchase your lift ticket you get our club discount
Wyoming Ski Bus Invite
Any questions please contact us:
Tracy Payne / Amsu Rajbhandari
Wyoming Ski Club
SENIORS–Free Friday Lunch (Soup Buffet) – on Friday, January 29th. We’ll have two buffet lines set up offering soup, salad, fruit, bread and water bottles in the Pendery Lobby, along with tables and chairs for eating. The soups will be served in crockpots and we’ll have a variety including vegetarian options. Event is open to SENIORS only!!!!
HOLD THE DATE for the
Wyoming Youth Services Pancake Breakfast
This year’s breakfast will be celebrating the arrival of spring with a fun Under-the-Big-Top theme, at the Civic Center on March 12th (8-11:00 am). This marks the 15thyear for this much loved & anticipated community event. There will be great musical entertainment, a wandering magician, fun games for the kids, great silent auction & raffles items and, of course, the best pancakes in town. They are the best because they are made by dedicated volunteers that give their time year after year to help Wyoming Youth Services continue it’s mission: Strengthening our Community through Volunteerism, Prevention, and Support.
Wyoming School Foundation “Denim & Diamonds” Event! Join Us!
There’s still time to join in the fun and support Wyoming City Schools! The Wyoming School Foundation will host their annual “Denim & Diamonds” event next Saturday, January 30. You won’t want to miss the rousing good time with the band “2nd Wind”! There will be a live auction, silent auction, dinner by the bite and much more!
All proceeds support Wyoming City Schools. Get your tickets today by going to the Wyoming School Foundation website! http://www.wyomingschoolfoundation.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=537
Social Media Task Force Event
The Wyoming Social Media Task force is pleased to present an expert panel discussion on the impact of social media usage on students and families. Please join us Wednesday, February 17 at 7 p.m. in the Wyoming High School Pendery Center to get answers to all of your questions and concerns about the health and wellness of your family in this digital age. The expert panel will include professionals from legal, medical, educational, and mental health fields who will share their perspectives and field questions from the audience about social media and technology usage and its impact on your family’s health and wellness. For more information, feel free to contact your social media task force at firstname.lastname@example.org